In 2018, the TANEC PRAHA festival celebrates its 30th anniversary! We would like to celebrate this important jubilee together with renowned figures and a fascinating confrontation of contemporary dance manifestations in Europe and other continents. Our bold plans draw a balance between remembering the past and presenting new impulses from recent years, famous personalities and discovering new talents. We are continuing in the spirit of last year’s motto Dance against Prejudice, this year adding the extra subtitle: Age Never Mattered Less.
The main events of the festival will be SUNNY by renowned Israeli choreographer working in France Emanuel Gat, and Dancing Grandmothers by Korean choreographer Eun-Me Ahn. Another surprise is being prepared for the opening ceremony and the whole program is full of top-notch foreign and Czech artists.
Overview of festival history is availible in document here
Our mission is to annually and continuously organize the international festival at the highest artistic and organizational level. The festival strives to present inspirational and high-quality works of contemporary dance and movement theatre to the widest possible audience, to help discover and compare the latest trends on different continents, to motivate, inspire and connect the Czech artistic scene with those in other countries, and to help foster conditions for the development of contemporary dance throughout the Czech Republic.
Our vision is to move the concept of contemporary dance to the principle of openness to new ideas, mutual dialogue and cooperation at the national and international level, and to remain a recognized and progressive cultural event in Europe.
We want to continue to:
– popularize, make accessible and bring dance closer to all groups of people without any restrictions;
– encourage the exchange and sharing of experiences from the domestic and foreign dance scenes, stimulate development, and inspire and motivate experimentation;
– support the emergence of new works with international outreach, and be a guarantee of good cooperation;
– share valuable artistic experiences and up-to-date social topics with the public;
– promote the visibility of contemporary dance in the regions of the Czech Republic with respect for local partners and artists, and extend the possibilities of cooperation in the field of presentation and creation itself; and
– be a respected partner for an open dialogue at home and abroad.
We believe in the important mission of dance as a living and constantly evolving art form. We therefore continue to focus on all the possibilities of exploring its diversity, the currency of the artistic message and popularization in the widest possible public discourse.
Priorities of the Artistic Board when planning the festival vision:
– artistic quality
– creativity / originality
– diversity, courage to experiment beyond borders of genre
– topicality of the artistic message, themes and forms
– openness of the message / cooperation
Yvona Kreuzmannová founder and director
Markéta Perroud co-director
and external domestic and foreign consultants
Yvona Kreuzmannová director
Markéta Perroud co-director
Alena Brožová festival manager for Prague
Veronika Hladká festival manager for the regions
Martina Filínová coordinator of TANEC PRAHA FOR CHILDREN
Katarína Ďuricová technical manager
Anna Nováková advertising campaign coordinator
Kateřina Kavalírová media relations
Kateřina Fišarová online marketing
And many others involved in PR and marketing, sales, production of individual events indoors and outdoors, technical services, performers and audience care, etc.